Summer 2022 LEGO sets revealed: Minecraft, Creator, more
We’ve been detailing all of the new Summer 2022 LEGO sets over the past month, and now to kick off the week, we’re seeing nearly all of the new multi-wave creations revealed. Including the latest releases from Minecraft, City, Creator, Ninjago, and more, check out the 30+ kits coming soon below.
First look at over 30 new summer 2022 LEGO sets
Today we have the most comprehensive look at the new LEGO Summer 2022 lineup yet with over 30 different models. Ranging from many internal brand themes, most of the reveals mostly focus on the unlicensed side of the lineup.
So while we’re still waiting for new Marvel and Star Wars sets, there are quite a few new releases to check out below. Although we just took a look at the next baby Groot to build.
Minecraft to headline upcoming LEGO sets
Paving the way for the new summer 2022 LEGO sets unveiled today, the next wave of Minecraft creations have arrived. In total, we know of five upcoming kits so far and are further expanding the huge variety of in-game locations brought in the form of bricks. Each model looks interesting on its own, but the Red Barn set in particular seems to be the most exciting in my book. Although the Llama Village is sure to get some love once all the kits launch later this year.
Here are all the LEGO Minecraft summer sets:
- The bakery: $20 | 154 pieces
- The Void Bastion: $35 | 300 pieces
- The Ice Palace: $50 | 499 pieces
- The Red Barn: ~$70 | 799 pieces
- The City of Lamas: $130 | 1,252 pieces
On the LEGO Creator front, we’ve already detailed one of the upcoming Summer 2022 builds, the Viking Ship and Midgard Serpent slated for August. Now there are two more models that 9to5Toys can report on at the same time. The first is the new Creator 3-in-1 Noodle Shop which arrives as 31131. This 569-piece creation includes the main building of a ramen shop and an apartment, but can be rebuilt as a play shop or bicycles. Pending official pricing, this one will likely enter the $49.99 MSRP.
Then, as the second of the new Creator 3-in-1 sets revealed today, there’s an unnamed ocean-themed build under kit number 31130. This more affordable set will let you recreate various encounters underwater with sea life like an octopus, lobster and manta ray alongside submarines and others. The number of pieces is still unknown, but we can expect this one to retail for $19.99 with about 200 bricks.
City Launches Summer 2022 LEGO With Three Waves
As for the biggest waves of new summer LEGO sets. The main focus this time around for the 2022 season is another batch of City Stuntz creations, which arrive with new expansion packs and playsets. All of these are detailed below, but some are worth pointing out. new elements introduced in the LEGO catalog.
- Cruiser Stunt Bike: $10 | 10 pieces
- Stunt bike: $10 | 15 pieces
- Bike Stunt Tub: $10 | 14 pieces
- Obstacle Cascade Challenge: $20 | 154 pieces
- Reverse stunt challenge: $20 | 117 pieces
- Shark Attack Stunt Challenge: $20 | 122 pieces
- Chimpanzee Waterfall Loop: $55 | 226 pieces
- Stunt Show Double Loop: ~$150 | 598 pieces
Along with the more action-oriented side of the upcoming lineup, we also get some additional details about the more typical side of the LEGO City series. In addition to the farm sets we covered last week, there are other builds to expand your town layout.
- Express passenger train: $150 | 764 pieces
- Station: $100 | 907 pieces
- Supermarket: $60 | 404 pieces
- Truck with space carousel: ~$50 | 433 pieces
Finally, LEGO City’s summer lineup also takes on a new dimension in hybrid play with new sets that pair with virtual experiences. These upcoming creations will differ from the rest of the new models by pairing a base build with tons of additional parts that can be used in conjunction with an app to guide builders to change sets based on in-game scenarios. Each will sell for $29.99 and are detailed below.
- Animal Rescue Missions: $30 | 246 pieces
- Space exploration missions: $30 | 298 pieces
- Water Police Detective Mission: $30 | 278 pieces
Latest LEGO Ninjago sets released for Summer 2022
The latest Ninjago series also arrives later this summer, although all kits release in June unlike the other sets which are August 1st. After our rave review of the Ultra Combine Mech from earlier this year, I’m very excited to get a closer look at some of these other models.
- Jay’s Golden Dragon Motorcycle: $20 | 137 pieces
- Zanes Gold Dragon Jet: $30 | 258 pieces
- Dragon Temple: $40 | 161 pieces
- Coles Dragon Car: $40 | 384 pieces
- The Crystal King: $60 | 723 pieces
- Kai’s Golden Dragon Raider: ~$70 | 624 pieces
- The Temple of the Crystal King: $80 | 703 pieces
- Nyas Samurai-X-Mech: $120 | 1,003 pieces
- Lloyd’s Ultra-Gold Dragon: $140 | 989 pieces
While we wait for some of the most popular properties like Star Wars and Disney to unveil new LEGO sets, we’re getting a slew of new Disney builds. After its themed debut last year, the ongoing Mickey Mouse lineup is getting at least three new models.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Camping Trip: $20 | 103 pieces
- Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at the Fair: $30 | 184 pieces
- Mickey’s Castle Adventure: ~$40 | 215 pieces
On the Disney Princess front, we also get a pair of castle-themed sets. These are nothing like the more massive and complete recreations that have been released in the past, but scale models for young builders.
- Anna and Olaf fun in the castle: $30 | 108 pieces
- Cinderella’s Castle: $70 | 365 pieces
Last updated for LEGO’s Summer 2022 Reveals before August 1, we’re getting a pair of new Monkie Kid sets. There have been rumors that the LEGO Group has canceled the series here in the US and other more western regions due to the builds not really resonating with younger builders, and so the smaller wave here has sense. That being said, these two new models retain the high quality and eye-catching constructions we’ve seen in the past.
- Eastern Dragon: $80 | 880 pieces
- Monkie Kids Team Carrier: $130 | 1,406 pieces
Stay up to date with the latest news and give our LEGO account on Twitter to follow as well as on our instagram and ICT Tac. You can, of course, always bookmark our guide here or subscribe to our newsletter. You can also support 9to5Toys by purchasing LEGO products from our affiliate links for the LEGO Shop, Amazonand Zavvi.