LEGO reveals Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse buildable set coming this summer
Golly! LEGO and Disney fans certainly have something to look forward to this summer. After last year LEGO Ideas Steamboat Willie set was such a success, the popular toy company announced a new set that included large-scale builds Mickey mouse and minnie mouse characters.
Mickey and Minnie pose for photos in front of their old-fashioned camera with a guitar, photo book, and bouquet of bouquets, all on a ready-to-display stand with the instantly recognizable autographs of the iconic mouse couple.
What is happening:
- LEGO has announced the new Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse set, which will release on August 1.
- Pre-orders for the set begin July 1 at LEGO.com.
- The set (# 43179) includes 1,739 pieces, is recommended for adult builders ages 18 and up, and costs $ 179.99.
What they say:
- Lego: “Step back in time and see the original animated stars on the big screen, as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse come to life as buildable LEGO bricks. With this all-new building set, fans can relive fond memories and immerse themselves in the magical world of LEGO® | Disney, as they build their own versions of the world-famous couple.
- Lego: “Inspired by iconic Disney characters, the LEGO® large-scale buildable characters | Disney Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are full of nostalgic and stylish details. Perfect for Disney fans looking to recreate the magic over and over again, these dynamically posed models are not only dressed in their instantly recognizable original outfits, they also come equipped with a series of unique buildable accessories to use with them. pose, including a retro camera, guitar and photo album with photos of the iconic duo’s adventures from years past – creating endless possibilities when it comes to presenting the beloved couple.
- LEGO designer Ollie Gregory: “We’re always looking to design things that people would love to put on their shelf, including mine, which is why we went with the ‘classic’ Mickey Mouse design with the iconic silhouette and color palette – like a surprise for the builders, the characters the interior is constructed from colorful elements inspired by classic outfits worn by the pair in the past. The Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse buildable characters are extremely detailed and intricate, and there were a lot of challenges to overcome. For example, to create the tip of their nose, we even had to bring back the LEGO Classic Space helmet in black, which has not been seen since 1987. LEGO fans will also notice that we have launched a new color in this. together, 363 – TR. Brown with Opalesence, the first time it’s included in a set – so there’s a lot to explore with this version! “
For more information and to pre-order the LEGO Mickey & Minnie building set starting July 1, be sure to visit LEGO Home Shop website.