LEGO House Dagny Holm – Master Builder (40503) revealed
LEGO has unveiled the third set of LEGO House exclusives featuring Dagny Holm – Master Builder (40503). The set comes after The Wooden Duck (40501) and The Brick Molding Machine (40502) from previous years.
Dagny Holm was the niece of Ole Kirk Kristiansen and was the first LEGO master builder. She was responsible for all LEGO models at LEGOLAND Billund and retired as Chief Designer of LEGO in 1986 at the age of 70.
The set includes 1,068 pieces and costs 599 DKK and is only available at LEGO House. The set includes Dagny Holm and some of her LEGOLAND Billund creations such as the giraffe and other models from the workshop.
LEGO® House unveils a new exclusive LEGO House product: Dagny Holm – Master Builder (40503)
The all-new, exclusive LEGO® House product – the 3rd item in the LEGO House Limited Edition series, is available from the LEGO House store in Billund, Denmark, starting today, March 1, 2022.
LEGO House proudly presents “Dagny Holm – Master Builder” (40503) as a tribute to the LEGO Group‘s very first Master Builder. We are thrilled to present another iconic part of LEGO history.
Dagny Holm was the first LEGO Master Builder, and she had a huge impact on model design with her way of working with LEGO bricks in a cubic and realistic way and her legacy can still be seen in many areas within the group. LEGO.
Dagny Holm was the niece of Ole Kirk Kristiansen, the founder of the LEGO Group. She started her career at LEGO Design on her 19th birthday in 1936 – but only as a trainee for a period of three months. For the next 25 years she lived in Copenhagen where she studied classical sculpture design. In 1961, she returned to Billund as a LEGO model maker. She was incredibly talented at getting the shapes right, resulting in authentic animals and fictional characters. She became responsible for all LEGO model designs at LEGOLAND in Billund, which opened in 1968.
During his career, he was also asked to design a LEGO train for the Tivoli amusement park in Copenhagen, which would later be installed at LEGOLAND Billund as an iconic part of the park.
Dagny Holm ended her career at the age of 70 and died on March 1, 2004, exactly 18 years ago, the exact day the LEGO House Limited Edition product was launched.
In LEGO House, visitors can discover Dagny Holms’ footprints in a few places in the History Collection, where some of her works from the 1930s are on display. Moreover, Creative Lab in Red Zone is designed with its design approach in mind. It is an ever-changing room, where guests can immerse themselves in creative work like a master builder.
Facts about LEGO Master Builder Dagny Holm:
• Dagny Holm was the LEGO Group’s first master builder.
• She was born on May 18, 1916 and started as a trainee in 1936.
• She was the niece of LEGO founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen.
• For 25 years she lived in Copenhagen, where she studied classical sculpture design.
• In 1961, she returned to Billund as a LEGO model maker.
• She was responsible for all LEGO model designs at LEGOLAND in Billund when it opened in 1968.
• In 1967, he was asked to design a LEGO train for the Tivoli amusement park in Copenhagen, which would later be installed at LEGOLAND Billund.
• She retired as chief designer of the LEGO Group in 1986 at the age of 70.
Facts about the new LEGO House Exclusive product: Dagny Holm – Master Builder:
• “Dagny Holm – Master Builder” is a tribute to the LEGO Group’s very first Master Builder.
• The measurements of the 1068-piece model are: 10 inches wide, 7.4 inches deep and 5.7 inches high (25 cm wide, 19 cm deep and 14.5 cm high.)
• The template features six exclusive printed tiles representing his career.
• In addition, the base includes two tiles printed with the words “LEGO® House” and “Dagny Holm – Master Builder”.
• Ideal for LEGO construction fans and memorabilia toy collectors.
• Suitable for ages 10 and up.
• Price: 599 DKK.
• This set is exclusively available from the LEGO House store.
The LEGO House Limited Edition series was created to add significant value to the experience of visiting LEGO House as a guest. These items can only be purchased in LEGO House, the Brick House. The first five limited edition products were the LEGO House Architecture set, the LEGO House Tree of Creativity, the LEGO House Dinosaurs, LEGO House The Wooden Duck and LEGO House The Brick Molding Machine.
When you make a purchase or sometimes take another action as a direct result of clicking on a link at The Brick Fan, we receive a small commission.
The Brick Fan participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.