LA Works | Volunteer at SoFi Stadium
Volunteer at SO-FI Stadium, selling food at concession stands to raise money to support Adorable Babies STEAM Youth Camp.
Raise funds for our low-income communities in and around Los Angeles to pay for their year-round STEAM camp fees for our young boys and girls ages 6-24 who want to enjoy sports such as golf lessons for beginners and STEAM education trains our low-income student to build mechanical robots, LEGO robots, app design and more. Funds will pay for league fees, golf clubs, golf bags, golf balls, golf shoes, tournament fees, supplies, equipment, water, alligator aid and food. We need all available volunteers to support our fundraiser at SO-FI-Stade on Friday, May 13, 2022, at TBA. We are constantly accepting volunteers to attend RAMS football games, concerts etc, thank you.
We believe that all children and adolescents who do not play sports are at greater risk of obesity. We argue that if low-income youth decide to get out and move, they are more likely than wealthier youth to live in high-crime neighborhoods where they are more likely to get into trouble.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers will assist with setting up the concession stand, closing the concession stand, and assisting cashiers operating the cashless outlet.
- We are not authorized to accept cash and we do not have a cash drawer; we will train all volunteers.
- Hospitality, alcohol and food handling certificates will be provided to all volunteers who complete the online course.
- We will train runners to pull food and support cashiers who help us sell food to fans.
- Compliance with the rules put in place by the SO-FI stadium is extremely important, you must be on time, take your breaks and respect the leaders, supervisors, managers and volunteers of the staff of the SO-FI stadium.
- Contact SO-FI Senior Volunteer, Debra, if you have any additional questions, thank you.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older,
- Possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Must show proof of being fully vaccinated or of a recent negative COVID-19 test 24 hours prior to attending events
- Volunteers must be healthy (not sick) to protect everyone and stay safe. Please understand the importance of safety precautions; thank you very much.
- Volunteers must follow SO-FI stadium rules and regulations
- Ready on time to complete homework, with breaks in between.
- Please have breakfast before arriving at SO-FI Stadium. We will not provide breakfast for volunteers, we will provide cold sandwiches, fruit, crisps, biscuits and water.
- No tips are allowed to be accepted due to new SO-FI stadium rules, POS cash registers are cashless.
- No cigars, vaping, cigarettes, lighters or matches are permitted on SO-FI stadium premises
- Volunteers must wear all black uniforms; Casual black pants, a black shirt or t-shirt with long or short sleeves, black masks without patterns or vents attached to the masks, black sneakers or black dress shoes that are comfortable because you are walking and standing .
- No Exceptions – No Jeans, No Stretch Pants, No Leggings, No Ripped Jeans, No Sag Pants, No Shorts, No Dresses, No Skirts, No Sweat Suits, No Joggers, No Sweat Pants yoga and no pumps, no slides, no sandals and wedges. No large purse is a bag or purse, purses must be Stadium Ready clear plastic, fanny packs, book bag, and clear plastic purses are sold on Amazon; etc
- Please be kind enough to remember that all volunteers must be appropriately dressed and well groomed before arriving at the concession stand, you are around the food.
- All ladies, please don’t bring a large purse, bring your CA driver’s license, cell phone, and car keys, which are all you’ll need, and a jacket or sweater. The SO-FI stadium does not have a locker to store your belongings, so be prepared to bring as little as possible.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity must adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking “Register”, I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party agency or organization and that LA Works has no jurisdiction, control or oversight over these activities. . Activities can be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen dangers and risks, including exposure to coronavirus disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). Activities may involve some degree of contact with patrons in need of assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19, whether as a result of my actions or otherwise.
By clicking on “Register”, I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the activities and that I have taken these risks into account. I hereby expressly and specifically assume these risks, including any risk of injury, illness, harm or loss that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release LA Works from, and expressly waive, all liability claims and demands of any kind, at law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.