All aboard for fun at the Greater Toledo Train & Toy Show
published by twalro @ presspub … on Thu 02/27/2020 – 8:28 PM
Adults and kids alike are invited to a day of family fun on Sunday, March 8 as the Greater Toledo Train & Toy Show enters the Student Health and Activity Center at Owens Community College, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg .
The show, which will run from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., will feature more than 250 dealers bringing in toy trains and models from all calibers and manufacturers, as well as toys from all eras, including plastic. , tin, die casting, pop culture and many more. Genuine parts will also be available for sale and free valuation and repair advice will be offered on site.
Among the highlights of the show are:
• Numerous train layouts and exhibits will run throughout the day, including two must-see LEGO layouts showcased by the Michigan LEGO Users Group and the Swanton Model Railroad Club. Both will feature a working LEGO city, with trains made entirely from LEGO bricks. A variety of LEGOs will be available from show vendors.
• Toledo’s tradition will continue with Toledo Toymasters’ Antique American Flyer Department Store Tiedtke’s Department Store operating the post-war S-gauge train. This arrangement and a 1950s Lionel O-gauge store display will work on a full-size “train truck” presented by Toledo Toymasters.
• Members of the AC Gilbert Heritage Society will also present a display of rare and functional vintage AC Gilbert Erector Set toys from the 1920s. Show attendees can also see the old-fashioned restored Ford Model A truck. complete with a calliope.
• Fascinating zonal group operation diagrams in all toy train jigs will be on display, including the Hobo Crew’s scenic HO diagram, Battle Creek Model RR Club, Swanton Model RR Club and Eastwood Junior High School diagrams. Afterschool Club. There will also be robotics demonstrations from the award-winning robotics team at the Toledo Public Schools Technology Academy.
• Free rides will be offered to children aged 4 and under on the “Thomas” trains in the children’s area. The Romick Railways outdoor riding train will also be in service, weather permitting, for a $ 2 ticket.
Adult admission from 11 a.m. is $ 6. Early bird admission starting at 9 a.m. is $ 10. All children 12 and under are admitted to the show for free (with paid adult admission). The show lasts until 3 p.m.